The M.S. in Intelligent Robotic Systems at Kennesaw State University prepares you
for a rapidly developing field of interdisciplinary engineering by teaching theory
and techniques from Intelligent Systems and Robotics. You’ll learn to design innovative
machines with self-autonomy in this 100% online robotics degree.
This program teaches you industry-leading topics such as control of autonomous robotic arms, simulations, the Robot Operating System (ROS), machine learning, and computer vision. By focusing on robotic systems integration, this degree meets the educational and operational needs of the next generation of Intelligent Robotic Systems Engineers.
The focus of this program is on systems by emphasizing a broader approach to the integration of Robotics with Intelligent Systems rather than a specific concentration in one discipline. This systems-level focus allows all graduated STEM students to apply to the program without having a Robotics or Intelligent Systems background.
By keeping up to date with the latest technological advancements in the field of robotics, you’ll gain access to top job opportunities in multiple engineering careers. With the M.S. in Intelligent Robotic Systems degree, you will take courses that expand your knowledge past the classic robotics paradigm of sense-think-act to include communication. You’ll work to provide innovative solutions for modern-day engineering fields.
Major Program Elements
- 100% online program format
- Program completion possible in 12 months
- Online Robotics degree will teach you to design intelligent robotic systems for multi-disciplined industries
- Courses focus on topics like perception, intelligence, control, and communication
- Operate with advanced technology such as the Robot Operating System (ROS), emphasizing robotic systems integration
- GRE can be waived in some cases
- All STEM undergraduates can apply, regardless of robotics background
- More information...
Value of KSU Program
Selecting the right engineering Master’s program is vital to your success. Here’s why you should choose the M.S. in Intelligent Robotic Systems at Kennesaw State University.
In our program, you’ll learn to:
- Apply mathematics to advanced robotics-engineering-related industry problems.
- Design and perform simulations to analyze and interpret the results.
- Identify, formulate, and solve advanced robotics engineering problems.
- Focus on robotic systems integrations through various platforms of communication.
- Operate and interpret the Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Design intelligent robotic systems for autonomous AI, biomechanical, automation, and manufacturing industries.
- Engage in targeted, interdisciplinary research and development techniques.
- Address socioeconomic issues and recognize the need for life-long learning advancement opportunities using advanced engineering principles.
- Collaborate in a diverse work environment for a real-world experience.
- Control autonomous robotic arms, simulations, the ROS, machine learning, and computer vision.
- Engage in coursework including Advanced Robotics Programming, Robot Simulation, and Communications.
Required Courses (27 Credit Hours)
- CS 7267:Machine Learning
- CS 7367:Machine Vision
- MTRE 6100:Advanced Robot Programming
- MTRE 6200:Grasping and Motion Control of Autonomous Robotic Arms
- MTRE 6300:Robot Simulation, Communications, and ROS
- MTRE 6400:Perception, Navigation, and Path Planning of Mobile Robots
- MTRE 6710:Manipulation of 3D Point Cloud Data
- MTRE 6740:Soft Robotics
- MTRE 6750:Ethics in Robotics: The Ethical and Social Implications of Robotics
Elective Course (3 Credit Hours)
Select one 3-credit hour course from the following:
Program Total (30 Credit Hours)
Applicants to the M.S. in Intelligent Robotic Systems program must meet the following minimum requirements to be admitted:
- An earned Bachelor of Science degree from a regionally accredited college or university
in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM).
- Students who hold degrees other than STEM degrees may, on a case-by-case basis, be required to take some transitional courses to be accepted.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- (If the undergraduate GPA is less than 3.0, some additional coursework may be required, and the graduate program committee may need to approve the application based on individual evaluation.)
- At least two letters of recommendation (professional and academic) are required if the undergraduate GPA is less than 3.0 or the minimum GRE scores are not met.
- An earned Bachelor of Science degree from a regionally accredited college or university in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM).
Students must apply through the Online Graduate Application portal. Transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope or electronically directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended. Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- Official GRE scores meeting the current requirements: a Verbal score of 150 (450 on old scale) and a Quantitative score of 148.
- Applicants with lower scores may be accepted based on required preparatory coursework.
- GRE Test scores may be waived if applicants have the following:
- Four or more years of relevant work experience earned after receiving their first baccalaureate degree or
- a 3.5 undergraduate GPA or higher.
- To request a GRE waiver, send a letter outlining your work experience or a current resume to the program coordinator.
- Non-refundable $60 application fee
Requirements for International Students
A minimum TOEFL or CEFR score is required for international students.
- For TOEFL: A Computer-Based composite score of 213 and an Internet-Based composite score of 80
- For CEFR: a minimum of B2 level
For English information regarding a proficiency-exam waiver, please click here
International students should consult the Graduate Admissions website for additional requirements
- Fall 2022: July 1
- Spring 2023: November 1
**Note that all completed applications and required credentials must be submitted by the deadline date**Apply Now
Special thanks to B&R Industrial Automation for providing locations for photos used on this page.