The Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SPCEET) at Kennesaw State University in Georgia provides academic advising to prospective and current students. SPCEET offers both undergraduate and graduate advising.
The College is committed to maintaining high academic standards, which is why undergraduate students must attain Engineering Standing before enrolling in upper division courses.
The first two years of a program’s curriculum are considered to be lower division while the remaining two years are considered the upper division. For the most part, upper division engineering courses are those with course numbers in the 3000’s and 4000’s. In addition to the stated prerequisites and unless otherwise noted in the catalog, students must apply for and be granted Engineering Standing in order to enroll in any upper division Engineering course taught in the College of Engineering. A 2.70 GPA is required to receive engineering standing in the courses noted below.
This PDF lists the course requirements for students seeking Engineering Standing.
- Civil Engineering Bachelors Degree
- Computer Engineering Bachelors Degree
- Electrical Engineering Bachelors Degree
- Environmental Engineering Bachelors Degree
- Industrial and Systems Engineering Bachelors Degree
- Mechanical Engineering Bachelors Degree
- Mechatronics Engineering Bachelors Degree
Non-engineering students who desire to enroll in upper-level engineering courses to complete a minor or a dual major must have the applicable course prerequisites and a 2.7GPA in the following courses:
- ENGL 1101 – Composition I
- ENGL 1102 – Composition II
- PHYS 2211/2211L – Physics I / Physics I Lab
- CHEM 1211/1211L – Chemistry I / Chemistry I Lab
- PHYS 2212/2212L – Physics II / Physics II Lab
- MATH 1190 – Calculus I
- MATH 2202 – Calculus II
12 additional credits from courses in the Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology or with prefixes CHEM, CS, CSE, IT, MATH, PHYS, or STAT.
To apply for Engineering Standing, download and complete the application for your records. Then contact Sade Tramble at firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the process.Download Application