SPCEET Academic Advising will resume our normal walk-ins on Wednesday's 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm. Walk-ins are for quick 15-minute academic advising sessions and will take place virtually and face-to-face. Please use this register here link to access the virtual walk-in chat room in MS Teams. Instructions for downloading MS Teams can be found below. If attending walk-ins face-to-face, please visit our advising suite in the Engineering Technology Center (Q building) room 137 to check-in for your walk-in advising session.
Advising practices have changed with safety measures in regards to the Coronavirus. Our advisors meet with students virtually through Microsoft Teams (walk-ins and appointments), phone (walk-ins and appointments), and face-to-face. Please check our website frequently for appointment and walk-in availability.
1. Download Microsoft Teams app HERE (or use the link below to go through your Microsoft email account online) https://teams.microsoft.com/downloadsWe also offer face-to-face walk-ins on Wednesday's during the same times.
2. Use this link to access our Team specific for virtual walk-ins on Wednesday's from 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm (SPCEET Virtual Walk-In Chat Room) https://teams.microsoft.com/dl/launcher/launcher.html
3. Once you join the chat room, scan the QR code or click the link to add yourself to the virtual walk-in queue. An advisor will reach out to you in MS Teams call to help you with your questions.
START HERE: GENERAL INFORMATION
Academic advisors are available for face-to-face, virtual, and phone appointments. We also offer face-to-face and virtual walk-ins on Wednesdays.
Please refer to the Kennesaw State academic calendar below for important dates.
TYPES OF APPOINTMENTS
SPCEET Advising will be hosting virtual, phone, and face-to-face appointment types through Microsoft Bookings and Teams.
- Schedule an appointment via MS Bookings.
- Follow the instructions below based on your advisor and major.
SPCEET Academic advising hosts face-to-face and virtual walk-ins every Wednesday during the semester. We also have walk-ins during the weeks of peak registration periods throughout the semester. We will be using Microsoft Teams for our virtual walk-ins. Use this Teams link for our walk-ins throughout the semester.
- Download and ensure you can log into Microsoft Teams (you will use your KSU Net ID and password)
- Once in the “SPCEET Virtual Walk-In Chat Room”, scan the QR code with your phone or click the link to add yourself to the virtual walk-in queue.
- An advisor will call you via MS Teams when you are next in the queue.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS IN ONLINE COURESES
SPCEET Advising has gathered tips for assisting in your success while taking online courses from multiple sources. Please look at the below resources as different strategies might be found in each of the items:
Schedule Academic Advising Appointment