Master's Program Admissions
Applicants to the Master of Science Program with a major in Mechanical Engineering must have the following qualifications to be eligible for this program:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, engineering technology or other technically oriented major from an accredited college or university. Holders of other closely related degrees may, on individual evaluation, be accepted, but may be required to take some transition courses prior to starting graduate-level courses.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (on the 4.0 scale) or its equivalent.
Applicants with a GPA of 2.75 or better may be considered if they meet any of the
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience in the field of engineering after their undergraduate degree. You must supply at least two (2) recommendations from former or current employers/supervisors. The letters of recommendation must clearly state your years of employment and relevant work experience.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam in Mechanical Engineering.
- Official GRE scores meeting the current admission profile: 148 (600 on old scale) Quantitative.
Applicants must submit the following to the Admissions Office no later than the published deadline date for the semester in which the applicant plans to enroll:
- Official transcript to be sent from each college or university attended.
- A 1-2 page Statement of Purpose describing your career and educational goals, and
- A current resume.
The Mechanical Engineering Program Coordinator in conjunction with the graduate admissions committee determines the student admission status.
International students should consult the Graduate Admissions website for additional requirements.
For questions about the MS in Mechanical Engineering, please contact the Program Coordinator:
Dr. Valmiki Sooklal