Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate
The Department of Systems and Industrial Engineering offers a graduate level Certificate in Six Sigma Green Belt for those individuals with an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution. Coursework completed in the certificate program will be credited to the student's official transcript as regular academic coursework counting for graduate credit.
Admission in the Certificate program does not in any way qualify a student for admission to a graduate program. Should a Certificate seeking student decide to apply to the MSQA program, that student would need to apply as outlined below.
- At least a 2.75 (on the 4.00 scale) undergraduate grade point average
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in: Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business, Social Science, Physical Sciences or Education. Other technical and non-technical majors may be acceptable
Applicants for the Certificate Program must submit the following to the Graduate College in accordance with the deadlines outlined on the Graduate College Website.
- An application for admission to the program
- One official transcript from each college the applicant has attended
- A certificate of immunization (distance learning waiver section signed)
- A statement of purpose in seeking this certificate
No letters of recommendation are required for the Certificate Program.
Coursework completed in the certificate program will be entered on the student's official transcript as regular academic coursework counting for graduate credit.
Students with an insufficient undergraduate statistics background may be asked to complete a prerequisite course before beginning the statistical requirements of the certificate.
- QA 6602 - Total Quality
- QA 6610 - Statistics for Quality Assurance
- QA 6611 - Statistical Process Control
- QA 6650 - Quality Systems Design