Become a Mentor
The CLUE Center is seeking motivated sophomores, juniors, and seniors to serve as peer tutors. Tutors will offer one-on-one learning support to their fellow engineering students in the Peer Mentoring Center (Q 306). Please apply if you would like to help fellow students by being a tutor.
Benefits of this rewarding job include increased competency and knowledge, higher levels of thinking, and opportunity to refresh or relearn fundamental materials. Peer mentoring offers flexible hours based on the tutor's availability.
Tutors must have an overall GPA of at least 3.5 and an A or B in any classes they wish to tutor.
Interested candidates should complete the application and submit it to the faculty coordinator, Dr. Matthew Marshall at email@example.com.Download Application
Tutors are needed primarily for the following courses:
- CE 2003: Engineering Problem Solving
- EE 2301 / ECET 1101: Circuit Analysis I
- EE 2302: Circuit Analysis II
- EE 2305: Electronic Circuits and Machines
- EE 3401 / ECET 2300 / ECET 2310: Engineering Electronics
- ENGR 2214 / MET 2124: Statics
- ENGR 3122 / MET 3126: Dynamics
- ENGR 3131 / MET 3124: Strength of Material
- ENGR 3343 / MET 3101: Fluid Mechanics
- ISYE 2600 / IET 2227: Probability / Statistics
- ISYE 3400 / IET 4405: Operations Research
- ME 3101: Materials Science and Engineering
- ME 4141 / MET 4141: Machine Design
- MTRE 2610: Intermediate Programming for Mechatronics