Manufacturing Operations Bachelors Degree
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Manufacturing Operations has been specifically designed for students who have completed an Associate of Applied Science or Associate of Applied Technology Degree from a Technical College System of Georgia or any regionally accredited 2-year institution.
This degree prepares students in the areas of manufacturing, operations, logistics and supply chain through an industry-driven curriculum encompassing manufacturing processes, quality principles, engineering economy, work measurement and facilities layout.
All required major courses to complete the BAS in Manufacturing Operations program are offered totally online by KSU faculty. All general education requirements are also offered on-line through the university system called E-core. Online participants can attend class "virtually", meaning the student can attend class at a designated time/day through the Internet. Optionally, students can choose not to attend virtually and catch up through video lectures, recorded archives, and/or discussion groups.
General Education (42 Credit Hours)
See listing of requirements in the KSU Catalog.
Specific General Education Requirements for this Major
- Area D-2 - 1 non-lab science is allowed
- STAT 1107 - Introduction to Statistics
Lower Division Major Requirements
Area F (18 Credit Hours)
- Technical Block - Up to 18 Credit Hours
Upper Division Major Requirements
51 Credit Hours
- IET 2305 - The Role of Industrial Engineering Technology in Industrial Systems
- IET 3322 - Work Measurement and Ergonomics
- IET 3339 - Statistical Quality Control
- IET 3356 - Quality Concepts and Systems Design
- IET 3424 - Engineering Economy
- IET 4115 - Human Resources Management for Engineers
- IET 4135 - IET Project Management
- IET 4151 - Operations Management for Engineers
- IET 4405 - Operations Research - Concepts, Models and Methods
- IET 4422 - Facilities Design, Plant Layout, and Materials Handling
- IET 4810 - Ethics and Safety
- Technical Block - 17 Credit Hours from Student's A.A.S. Degree
9 Credit Hours
Choose any three courses:
- IET 3403 - Advanced Statistics with Application
- IET 3407 - Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- IET 3410 - Principles of Team Dynamics
- IET 3511 - Sustainability Engineering
- IET 3620 - Warehousing Systems
- IET 4451 - Systems Simulation
- MGT 3100 - Management and Behavioral Sciences
Program Total (120 Credit Hours)
University-Wide Degree Requirements
Note: Program is exempt from the WELL 1000 course requirement.