Minor in Quality Principles
To be eligible for a Minor in Industrial Engineering Technology (IET) Quality Principles, the student must have a major (not IET) and complete the following courses. This minor program offers courses online or hybrid. Online participants can attend class "virtually", meaning the student can attend class at a designated time/day through the Internet. Optionally, students can choose not to attend virtually and catch up through video lectures, recorded archives, and/or discussion groups
- IET 2227 - Introduction to Statistics
- IET 3339 - Statistical Quality Control
- IET 3356 - Quality Concepts and Systems Design
- IET 3407 - Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
Choose any one course from the list below:
- IET 3403 - Advanced Statistics with Application
- IET 3410 - Principles of Team Dynamics
- IET 4405 - Operations Research - Concepts, Models and Methods
- IET 4135 - IET Project Management
- IET 4151 - Operations Management for Engineers
Program Total (15 Credit Hours)
- Students who successfully complete the Quality Principles Minor will also receive a Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in the courses used for the minor is required.